The California Council of Chapters (CALMOAA) is a non-partisan, non-profit 501c(19) organization, and exists to improve the awareness, life style, and overall environment of its member chapters; supports and serves member chapters; influences the political process in matters pertaining to active duty, retired and former military personnel; and enhances the image of America’s uniformed services in our local community.
The Military Officers Association of America (MOAA) is a non-profit organization with National Headquarters in Alexandria, Virginia. It is operated exclusively for purposes beneficial to the interests of the nation and its Uniformed Services personnel, their family members, and survivors. While fully subscribing to the underlying values contained therein, MOAA is formed to:
- To inculcate and stimulate love of country and the flag;
- To support the honor and integrity of our country and advocate for a strong national defense;
- To advocate military forces adequate to the defense of our country;
- To foster the integrity and prestige of uniformed service;
- To foster fraternal relations between all branches of the various Services from which our members are drawn;
- To further the education of children of Service personnel;
- To aid personnel of the Services from which our members are drawn, and their family members and survivors, in every proper and legitimate manner, and
- To represent their rights and interests when Service matters are under consideration.